Mighty Monday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 12/19/10 2:51 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA,
I have a lot to do today, and need to get my sleep before I attempt to do any of it.

An AA meeting is first on the list.  I also need to get to the gym, and get some exercise in 

I also need to get some documents notarized, and then in the evening, I must take some Christmas ornaments over to my sister's because her tree is bare, and needs some help, and I have extra ball ornaments to get rid of.  Finally, my Mom wants to play Scrabble, and I am her next victim. 

Stay warm.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 12/19/10 6:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish;

Yesterday was a nice day at church.  Everyone loved my black bean brownies and the other stuff I cooked on Saturday in preparation for our Christmas Luncheon.  After church Gene and I wondered over to the Christmas Village by City Hall, I've already been there this year with my daughter, this was Gene's first time there.  My daugther asked me if I'd pick her up some more Ginger Bread and some German Chocolate if I happened to get down that way again.  Since our church is in center city within walking distance of the village I was able to get over there to pick up some of the things she wanted.  As far as the chocolate they were all out.  It was cold walking over there yesterday our feet were frozen by the time we got back to the car.

Also found out yesterday at church that on Friday, Christmas Eve at noon at church we'll be having our Christmas Eve service.  We are starting out on the church steps with our choir singing Christmas Carols.  I'm looking forward to being able to be there this year, I have Friday off from work as does Gene so we'll go to service then head to his sister's for the family Christmas Eve get together.   Saturday I'll be up early to bake the ham to take to my daughter's for the rest of our Christmas celebrations. 

I'm looking forward to this short week at work although it will be busy.  My boss told us last week that she will probably let us out early on Thursday.  I checked my calendar for work last evening and found way to many meeting requests for the next three days, seems everyone is trying to get in everything before Christmas.   Unfortunately there were none that I could decline. 

I'm getting ready for work.  Today is our Christmas Luncheon for our department, we are going to Medora's Mecca on S 13th street for that.  Working till 4 then home.  Once home I'll probably get my butt on the treadmill to take a walk.  I need to start working exercise back into my daily schedules now that I'm starting to get used to my new school routine.  Since starting school getting to the gym has been quite a challenge, I plan to work on that the next two weeks while I'm off from school.

After work not sure what's happening today, both Gene and I are home tonight since school is out on vacation for both of us - pretty rare that we are home in the evening together during the week.  It will be nice to sit and hang out with him tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

shoutjoy
on 12/19/10 7:13 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

Heading to Wellsboro today.  Getting hubby ready to drive to NJ again.  After that, not much going on today.  No plans for the holidays so no stress there.  Hope all your day goes well.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Lisa H.
on 12/19/10 7:28 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning everyone,

Today has me working at least 10 hours, if not more.  We have 10 hours of mandatory OT again.  This week, though, it has to be done during our 4 day week.  Fun Fun!  Thank goodness I work from home.

Tonight I will head to spin class at the gym and will probably also do some upper body and ab  work while I'm there.

Other than that, nothing really planned.   I think Siehara will probably head over to the Teen Center, so picking her up from there will be on the agenda, as well.

Have a lovely Monday everyone.

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 12/19/10 8:12 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All.

I have a crazy hectic week too. Shoving at least 6 days worth of work into our 4 day work week including planning the work holiday luncheon on thursday. I have a HUGE mock up presentation the tuesday after christmas so it is an all hands on deck,. the bad part is we are still waiting on materials and trying to figure everything out. It is super complex and has a ton of intricate parts.

After work today headed to my MOm's to hang out with her and Amelia.
swedeville1
on 12/19/10 8:43 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA

Morning Trish and PA!

I hope everyone had a festive weekend!  Mine was pretty good.  We didnt do a lot except for hang out around the house, but often times those are the best weekends to have.  I will be trying to work 10 hour days this week to help get my 40 hours in by thursday so I can take off on Friday and still save my vacation time. 

I hope everyone paces themelves this week and doesnt stress out over the holiday preparations.  Take care PA

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

dit657
on 12/19/10 9:11 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning all - Trish, whip her butt in Scrabble - follow my husband's 'rules' - add 'ed' 'es', 's' to everything you can! I know she stresses you but try to have a good time.

We had a very nice weekend - one of my bff's came down Saturday and we did the girlie thing of getting our nails done, then a little shopping. Home for a quick nap for everybody then out to dinner Saturday night for our annual Christmas visit to 7 Stars in Limerick. Of course I come home with most of my dinner now - 2 stuffed mushrooms for appetizers and I'm about done, but that's okay because we had awesome leftovers last night.

My friend stayed over and yesterday helped me finish up my holiday shopping - we did great - had Kohl's dollars to spend, a Best Buy gift card that I got for free, and found some great sales out there. Came home and started wrapping - took her to the train around dinnertime then home to eat and more wrapping. Finally gave it up around 7:30 - just got too tired to go on. Will tackle it again tonight.

Today is our work holiday luncheon - we do the Yankee Gift Exchange and I made up more cards for Christmas pictionary, so it should be a good time - it's all catered so the most I have to do is set up a little. Sometime today I also have to run to Walmart and pick up the bicycle I ordered for my hubby. I'll have my nephew put it together.

And that's about it for me today - trying to get in the spirit of the holidays but its tough this year without my mom...this too shall pass, right?

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 12/19/10 10:08 pm
Good Morning Trish and PA!

Today is my mental health day! YEAH! Have lots to do today. First off, we are meeting my BFF for breakfast. Then she wanted to stop at a couple of places. Come back home, try and do some baking for XMAS, I know, I know, the jewish girl doing Xmas baking? Strange huh??? I need to go and get some long sleeve shirts! I am freezing!! Get stuff ready for the week and some relaxing with the hubby since he is off today as well!!

That is it for me!

Have a great Monday!

Love to all,

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/10 10:43 pm
MY last Monday of work till 2011 that sounds great! 

WHAT a nonstop weekend it was NYC on Friday then our OpenHouse on Saturday then football at the BigDog Pub on Sunday. 

A weekend spent with family and friendswhich was beyond amazing. One of the most special things was Dennis' daughter joined us Saturday with her new husband and she graced our guest with her angleic voice in singing Christmas songs for us. We attempted to return the favor but I think most of us will not be getting record deals.

Today after work we will need to go through to see what we bought and what we still need to purchase, Plus start wrapping gifts since I will need to ship the grandsons gifts tomorrow. Stil trying to spark the Christmas spirit I normally have but it is slowly getting here this year.

Have a great day

LIFE IS GOOD!
steffihope
on 12/20/10 1:14 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Trish and all of PA - VERY late in the day for me - but the end of an amazing weekend is coming to its timely completion.  We are checking out the hotel very shortly, headed to my friends house for a few hours of "shmoozing" and then off to the airport to drop off the rental car, pick up my handbag that I left there on Friday - yep - NO ID the entire weekend.....lovely!  Then to sit in the airport for a little til our flight leaves at 6:50 tonight.  It was an amazing weekend - food was certainly a challenge - but the rest of it was all worth it - I may write that up later in a seperate post just for me.

That is my day - filled with traveling and family.  Seeing Emily's face in the plane is worth EVERY moment and pennt spent on this weekend.

Talk with you all tomorrow! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views